Thursday, July 15, 2010

Revelations

Spent several hours tonight rearranging my display cases and came to the ultimate conclusion that I have grown as a painter and builder over the last several years. I seem to have three distinct periods of building.

~Starting and learning

~Building but not really caring how finished things where ( a step back)

~Building and painting as complex as I can with as much detail as I can.

A lot of that has to do with my time, my daughter, and my wife. All of which have been in flux for the past 5-6 years. And for the first twenty years of my duaghters life and our CLub and Show put more time into those endevors than into building and painting. Now I feel I am in a period when I have improved a lot thanks to Richard Dauglash and John Cina and Steve Munroe. And they think I don't listen !!!

I also noticed that, which may or not be a problem, I have no focus---I use to do armor and everyone thought I was an "armor" guy. Then my sub phase ( still going storng) my helicopter phase ( still going strong) . But as I rearranged everything tonight and I noticed that I am very spread out Subs, Helicopters, Armor, Sci-Fi, Aircraft, Ships. Very unfocused very non pigon holed. Peter Ferk at LAMS one time tried to introduce me to a new member by saying I did subs and helicopters and finally said--here's George he does a bit of everything.

I may not get to the "next level" of painting/building/pigonholing but I got things pretty well cleaned up tonight and feel pretty good about the hobby and my own every growing skill sets.

No comments: